Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Meadowlawn Afternoon

12" x 9" oil on linen board, painted en plein air, alla prima, on May 7th - completed at 7:30pm - $115 including shipping - contact me for purchase -----
This shack sits in the meadow near the Clisby Austin house, on the Tunnel Hill battlefield property. Usually I choose to paint in the morning, but this particular day I met Sandra and we explored the various lighting available in late afternoon. Honestly, the bright green tree in the background was that bright North Georgia 'green green'. The structure is used as headquarters during the annual Civil War reenactment "Battle of Tunnel Hill" which always takes place the weekend after Labor Day.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

my blog said...

Hmmm i like the painting . Now i need the permisison of my wife :)



cheap flights