Monday, June 01, 2009

fun 'twofer'

The word 'twofer' is short for "two for the price of one", or "this one time is the first and last time". In this case it's the former meaning. Last evening between 7:15 and 8:30, I threw caution in the creek and did a side by side on this 8x10 RayMar panel. It's not meant to be anything other that catching some whimsical late afternoon light. I was seeing lots of alizarin crimson and cad oranges. When I picked up the wet panel to shoot it, it fell jelly side down on the studio carpet. I had to laugh out loud. It picked up grit, cat hair, and an interesting carpet design on the far left. Nothin' but fun.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey BJ....Thank you for the inspiration...I see that you continued painting after I left! Love the twofers! Hope to see you painting somewhere soon!

Becky Gowin

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
bj said...

Hi Becky,
I really enjoyed talking with you yesterday evening! As you saw, I had fun slopping some paint onto canvas. Sometimes painting is serious stuff...other times it's just whimsical fun. Everything isn't framed.
BJ :o)