Saturday, February 03, 2007

Last Sail of the Season

12" x 9" acrylic on canvas covered hardboard
$90

I was told that any good artist could produce an acceptable painting using only the colors red, yellow, black and white. At first I was doubtful, but I accepted the invitation to try.

How do you get green without using blue ???

Painting with a limited palette is indeed challenging but it stretches creativity. And I would invite anyone to try at least one painting using only these colors.

Maybe next time I'll try using only brown, black and white.


Buy this painting using PayPal at my gallery on www.dailypainters.com

contact me at beejw@charter.net


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Chelsie Sp. said...

I very rarely use the color blue when I paint.

bj said...

Actually most all black paints are a combination of various blue pigments...so making blues/greens is fairly simple.